Summer Book Challenge!



Have you ever had one of those days that started off good and then you got some news that just bummed you out? That's how my day went. I was walking around in a pretty gray mood until I remembered I had a new book at home to read. My day was looking up. I would go home and curl up on my couch with my new book and escape from my gray day.

I was suddenly very happy I had decided to participate in the Semi-Charmed Summer Book Challenge. I really love to read but have been really lacking in picking up a new book lately. My cities annual book sale started this past weekend and this challenge encouraged me to go and pick up some new books at very discounted prices.

This Challenge runs from May 1st to August 31st. There are 13 books total which I feel is very doable. I have posted the categories with the 6 books I have committed to so far. I am still debating the other 7.

The categories are as follow:

Freebie! Read any book that is at least 200 pages long. 
Read a book that was written before you were born. 
Finish reading a book you couldn't finish the first time around. Divergent by Veronica Roth
Read a book from the children’s section of the library or bookstore. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

Read a book that is on The New York Times' Best Sellers List when you begin reading it. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
Read a historical fiction book that does not take place in Europe. 
Read a book another blogger has already read for the challenge.
Read a book with “son(s),” “daughter(s)” or “child(ren)” in the title. Please Excuse My Daughter by Julie Klam
Read a book that was/will be adapted to film in 2014. A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby

Read a book written by a blogger.  
Read a biography, autobiography or memoir. Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Woman's Prison by Piper Kerman

Read a pair of books with antonyms in the titles.

What do you think of the books I have chosen so far? Do you have any suggestions for the categories I am still deciding on? I would love recommendations!

I am really excited to get this started. I really want to succeed in getting all of the categories completed as they will introduce me to some new books I may not of thought to read prior.

Have any of you participated in a reading challenge? Did your succeed?  Give me all your feedback and join me if you feel the urge!

Wish me luck!

Xo Trish
Lets Be Social

1 comment